05 Aug Project Engineer
ammjohn seek a motivated engineering professional with oil industry and project management to support an expanded capital works program for our long-term client operating within Australia’s most prolific oil and gas basin.
ammjohn is a dynamic project engineering and management consultancy specialising in managing industrial projects. ammjohn provides technical services to the Australian energy and resources sector with specific experience and skills in Minerals and Mining, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, and Power Generation Industries.
We are a multi-disciplined engineering company offering a comprehensive service that encompasses the entire project life cycle from pre-feasibility and construction, through commissioning to asset maintenance and optimisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Project Lead in development of project scopes, budgets, while ensuring agreement between project stakeholders
- Developing of project schedules in conjunction with stakeholders
- Assist with the management of project deliverables, and outcomes
- Delegation of tasks to, Drafters or other subcontractors
- Assisting with the development and review of datasheets, technical specifications, and standards
- Management of small projects
- Review of engineering drawings, including but not limited to, Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, layouts, isometrics, structural for completeness and correctness
- Assisting with development of project budgets, client orders, invoices and scope amendments, and other facets of project controls and reporting
- Opportunity to travel for work
- Attend Safety-in-design workshops including HAZOP’s, HAZID’s as well as participate in constructability reviews.
- Support the Project Lead for, design, tender, and construction, commissioning, and close-out processes
The following essential attributes are sought:
- 3 years oil industry experience
- Relevant degree qualification in Engineeringn (Equivalent engineering qualification is acceptable given demonstrated project management experience)
- Some experience managing small projects
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills with high-level competencies in the MS suite
This position seeks availability for 35-40 hours/week and ammjohn would welcome the opportunity to discuss suitable employment arrangements further with shortlisted candidates.
We are only considering Australian based candidates with a right to work.
If you are interested to develop your project management career, ammjohn is keen to hear from you.
ammjohn offers competitive remuneration, a flexible work environment, and opportunities to progress your career with challenging and rewarding landmark projects across Australia.
Our business has a great range of people experience from those commencing their careers to senior project managers, that coupled with a wide array of projects and engagement with Engineers Australia enables our personnel to advance their professional development.
We strive to lead the field in safe working conditions and are committed to a quality management program delivering service excellence and satisfying our client’s unique and varying needs. Our client is committed to project delivery subject to safety and environmental sustainability using proven technologies
Please note, agency applications will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.