05 Aug Senior Project Engineer
ammjohn seek a dynamic engineering professional with oil industry and Front-End-Engineering-Design experience to support an expanded capital works program for our long-term client operating within Australia’s most prolific oil and gas basin.
ammjohn is a dynamic project engineering and management consultancy specialising in managing industrial projects. ammjohn provides technical services to the Australian energy and resources sector with specific experience and skills in Minerals and Mining, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure, and Power Generation Industries.
We are a multi-disciplined engineering company offering a comprehensive service that encompasses the entire project life cycle from pre-feasibility and construction, through commissioning to asset maintenance and optimisation.
ammjohn is looking for the expertise of a Senior Project Engineer to join our team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of project scopes, budgets, while ensuring agreement between project stakeholders
- Development of project schedules
- Manage project deliverables, and outcomes
- Delegation of tasks to junior engineers, drafters or other subcontractors
- Development and review of datasheets, technical specifications, and standards
- Development and review of engineering drawings, including but not limited to, P&IDs, layouts, isometrics, structural
- Excellent understanding of piping and pipeline systems, preferably with a background in upstream oil and gas
- Management of project budgets, client orders, invoices and scope amendments
- Assist and manage with HR requirements including performance reviews, interviews, hiring, and on-boarding
- Liaise with external engineering contractors, and guide front end and detailed engineering
- Attend and develop design workshops, HAZOP, HAZID, and LOPA workshops; note facilitation by others
- Manage and oversee document control, design, tender and construction processes
- Ensure that projects are completed to client specifications and standards as well as relevant International and Australian Standards
- Progress reporting.
The following essential attributes are sought:
- 5+ years’ oil industry experience
- Degree qualification in Mechanical and or Petrochemical Engineering
- Experience managing small/medium projects
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills with high level competencies in the MS suite
- Significant understanding and practice of Occupational Health and Safety
This position seeks availability for 35-40 hours/week and ammjohn would welcome the opportunity to discuss suitable employment arrangements further with shortlisted candidates.
We are only considering Australian based candidates with a right to work.
If you have relevant experience and skills, ammjohn is keen to hear from you.
ammjohn offers competitive remuneration, a flexible work environment and opportunities to progress your career with challenging and rewarding landmark projects across Australia.
Our business has a great range of people experience from those commencing their careers to senior project managers, that coupled with a wide array of projects and engagement with Engineers Australia enables our personnel to advance their professional development.
We strive to lead the field in safe working conditions and are committed to a quality management program delivering service excellence and satisfying our client’s unique and varying needs. Our client is committed to project delivery subject to safety and environmental sustainability using proven technologies
Please note, agency applications will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.